Anyway, Hema went home right after we found out about the weather, and the rest of us decided to spend a few days hanging around San Diego after finals were over, to make up for our not-camping trip. Fun times. On Saturday, we explored Seaport Village and made our own breakfast burritos and potato "chips," and then I kicked everybody's butts at Monopoly. On Sunday, we walked around Balboa Park and Hillcrest, and then Eugene, Adrian, and Elynne came over later in the evening to make caramel apples and watch Shaun of the Dead and Hook. Scott & I were going to go check out the San Diego Mission earlier today, but since it began pouring, we decided to have a little jam session at his place instead. It didn't go nearly as horribly as I had thought it would-- I haven't touched a guitar for about 9 weeks (I tried to teach myself over the summer), and don't have the coordination to play stringed instruments. However, amazingly, we were able to play a couple of blues songs, along with "Come Together," and "Here Comes the Sun." I think "Come Together" ended up being a blues song in disguise, so it wasn't too bad. After jamming for a bit, we went to go dance in the rain, had some cocoa to warm up, and then watched Spirited Away.
Last night, Adrian, Eugene, and I went to a fantastic Italian restaurant in Hillcrest-- it's called Arrivederci. It's cozy little restaurant located on 4th Avenue. I got the Gnocchi del Giornio, Adrian got the Capelline Bosco Mar, and Eugene got Linguine with marinara sauce and meatballs (he figured that if the restaurant is known for its fancier" dishes, then its "basic" dishes must be absolutely "mind-blowing"...). We mooched a bit of each other's dishes, and they all tasted sooooooooooooo delicious. I think it may be the best Italian food I've had... in a while. Maybe even the best that I can remember. Eugene said that it was probably the best pasta and meatballs he's had in his entire life. I'm not sure if I can say the same, but... It was pretty damned good.
I took a picture of the restaurant's menu/name with my trusty cell phone camera, so that I could remember it. I think I'm going make this a habit-- I always feel so badly when people come to visit me, and I don't know where to take them. I mean, I've been to a few really good restaurants around San Diego, but I have a hard time remembering what anything is called.
Ehhhh... I guess while I'm on the topic, here is a mini-list of my favorite San Diegan eats:
-The Cottage (AMAZING!!! breakfast)
-Arrivederci (Italian)
-Spice & Rice (Thai)
-Punjabi Tandoor(Indian)
-Tofu House(Korean)
-Sipz (Vegetarian)
-Cotixan (Burritos)
-Pokez (Mexican)
-Old Town Mexican Cafe (It's actually a bar & restaurant)
-City Delicatessen (Diner)
-Nozomi (Sushi)
-Regents Pizzeria
-Extraordinary Desserts
-The Living Room Cafe
It's sad that this is all I can remember right now, after having lived here for a little over three years. But in my defense, I didn't have a car until last year, and nobody is ever in the mood to eat out! :( There is a lovely cafe in Hillcrest that has live music every so often, but I don't remember what the place was called. Yargh.
Well, that's all have to say for now. I need to finish cleaning and start packing; I'm driving home tomorrow with Elynne and Wendy.... Not really looking forward to the 9-hour drive in this rainy weather, but... it's gotta be done eventually, right? Heh.
No comments:
Post a Comment