Tuesday, March 24, 2009

icing on the cake

So... I called my insurance company today to talk with my Claims Adjuster, and found out that the driver I hit on Friday has decided to claim "neck and back injuries" for both her and her son. She is trying to milk the accident for money. My insurance person told me that when the company called the woman, she was being "shady" with her answers and was reluctant to say anything about the accident. She also referred my insurance person to her ATTORNEY. Yes, ladies and gents, she hired a fucking layer.

STUPID FUCKING LYING BITCH

Both the lady and her son had said they were totally fine at the scene of the accident, and her son was even jumping up and down the curb/parking lot features as we were exchanging insurance information. It was assumed that everyone was fine, and she said that they were both fine when we asked if they were injured. She was even telling me that we were lucky that "nobody was hurt." She was giving me a fucking HUG as she was telling me this. Well, woop-dee-fucking-doo.

I hope there's a special place in hell for people like her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news, I flew back to San Diego today. Nobody was at home to drive me to the SF airport, so I ended up taking BART. I wish SoCal had something like BART-- it makes life so much easier.

As the plane lifted off, it made a 360-turn in the air; the sight was stunning-- I had a panoramic view of the San Francisco Bay. First, I saw the San Mateo Bridge, then the Dumbarton Bridge, then the Bay Bridge, and then finally, the Golden Gate Bridge. The plane gained altitude, and the entire SF peninsula came into view; it felt like I was zooming-out of an image I'd found on Google Maps. The ant-sized cars grew smaller and smaller, and the tiny hunks of motorized metal were soon indiscernible from the small criss-crossing lines they'd been crawling along. As we rose, the ocean below us vanished beneath a blanket of San Franciscan fog.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
It's funny thinking about the concept of Gravity-- how we, and everything around us, always seem to fall towards this giant rock we call Earth. There are an infiite number of oversized rocks floating around our own, and who knows if there are lifeforms on any of those other rocks. (There probably are; we just can't see any of them from here.) It kind of makes you realize how insignificant everything we do is to the "bigger picture." It's stupid that I, a relatively microscopic cretin (in relative to the rest of the universe), am so upset over some stupid fleck of metal here on this huge rock. Fuck it, it's so small compared to everything in this universe, that it's as if the problem barely exists at all.
-------------------------------------------------------------


Anyway, I really love landing in San Diego. Even though this city is kind of really boring, for some reason, seeing those palm trees lining terminal makes me feel happy. And kind of relieved. And a little bit lazy. It's almost as if they're there greeting you with their wispy long palm leaves: "Welcome back to the land of Everlasting Summer!" It's 70 degrees, clear, and sunny... For what feels like 11 months out of the year. This place is a total vacation town.

The airline podium-announcer person at the San Diego Airport was a real comedian today. As I got into the gate, I heard him say, "Thank you for flying with us-- if you have any questions, my name is Timothy, with Southwest Airlines. If you have any complaints, my name is Juan, with US Air."

As the next group of people got ready to board the plane, he announced, "Boarding for the first group will end in 30 seconds." He then counted, "1, 2, 30!!!" and followed it with: "For your safety, please remember to always wash your hands after handling raw meat. We are now boarding numbers 16 through 30."

The last time I flew home on Southwest, the flight attendants decided to have a little "experiment" with the peanuts... As the plane was ascending, they said they were going to distribute the peanuts "a little early," and told everybody to lift their bags off of the floor. They then threw all of the nuts onto the ground, and cheered as the golden bags rolled down the plane.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I will be camping in Anza Borrego and Carlsbad State Beach over the remainder of break. Hopefully things will improve over the next few days.

Peace out.

No comments: