Sunday, March 22, 2009

SF Philharmonic



Last night, my family and I went to see the San Francisco Philharmonic perform at the Davies Symphony Hall. The pieces of the night: Kodaly's Galantai Tankov (Dances of Galanta), Bloch's Schelomo, and Brahm's Symphony No. 4. I wasn't as familiar with the second piece, but have heard the first one before, and was thrilled to see the Brahm's work live. I think my heart was fluttering like crazy the entire time, I was so excited... And the performance sounded great! Masterclass. We had orchestra-level seats, and the acoustics were excellenttttt; nothing like the crappy Copely Hall in San Diego.

Anyway, it was Mom's first symphony experience (with the exception of the stuff I did in high school... which my family avoided attending because they thought the music was too boring), so I hope she enjoyed it. It's a shame the San Francisco performance hall doesn't have student-price tickets (only subscriptions)... Oh well. I really do miss the perks of living in the Bay Area every now and then.

*sigh*

No comments: