Friday, June 19, 2009

life in the Bay

It is against the law in San Francisco to throw away food scraps (there is a fine for doing so). Instead, anything that is biodegradable must be thrown into a designated "Compost" bin. Also, plastic grocery bags are illegal, as well as styrafoam or un-recyclable restaurant food containers.

My brother's junior college is completely solar-powered, and has the highest LEED rating possible (platinum) for its self-sufficiency.

Pot is pretty much legal.

BART rocks.

SO many more places to eat!

The fruit at the grocery stores in NorCal isn't half-rotten, or rotting at all.

There is a helluva lot more diversity.

People are less friendly in NorCal than they are in San Diego.

I get to hear how my mother thinks I'm either a lesbian or am bound for spinsterhood because I don't currently have a boyfriend.
(... perhaps I enjoy being young and single?)

1 comment:

KurtoWango said...

haha, enjoying your staying in the Bay area?

bound for spinsterhood? Noo way~ you're too cool for that, i would cry, haha