Friday, July 24, 2009
Fade.
Today, as I was eating lunch by myself outside on the grass near the lab that I work at, I realized how easy it would be to just... disappear. I did not know anybody in the general vicinity, nobody I currently know knew of where I was or what I was doing at that particular moment in time, and nobody in the area in which I was eating seemed to be aware that I existed. As I laid out in the grass, I suddenly felt very detached from everyone, everything around me, this life, this body, this world. If I were to have suddenly vanished, dropped off the face of the planet, nobody would've noticed. And I didn't/don't really care. I imagine that this is very much how life will be like in a few years, once everyone's done with school, moved away, and have continued on with their lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment