Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fantastic script.


Some lines from Role Models:

Danny: Can I get a large black coffee?
Barista: A what?
Danny: Large black coffee.
Barista: Do you mean a venti?
Danny: No, I mean a large.
Barista: "Venti" is "large." 
Danny: No, "venti" is "twenty." "Large" is "large." In fact, "tall" is "large" and "grande" is Spanish for "large." "Venti" is the only one that doesn't mean "large." It's also the only one that's Italian. Congratulations, you're stupid in three languages!
Barista: A venti is a large coffee.
Danny: Really? Says who? Fellini? Do you accept lira or is it all euros now?

I re-watched the film a couple of nights ago, which has become one of my new faves.  It's still enjoyable after multiple viewings, and is probably the funniest movie I've seen in... years, actually.

1 comment:

adámas.boy said...

i went to starbucks the other day and immediately this movie came to mind, specifically this part. made me feel kind of dumb when i went to order. i wanted to just say regular but instead used what they list for sizes.