Monday, February 1, 2010

again

I seem to have developed a bout of insomnia. I laid in bed last night, for what seemed to be an eternity, awaiting for sleep to finally set in. But it didn't until maybe 5 or 6. :-/

I woke up in alarm at around 6:19, to find myself sitting in the middle of an earthquake. Everything was rattling, yet it was like I was physically unable to move or react to the situation. I just laid in bed, riding it out, and listening; it was, strangely, both soothing and discomforting at the same time. It felt like the shaking lasted for at least a good half a minute. According to USGS, its epicenter was somewhere offshore from Baja California. I guess I'm not going to the beach today.
Funny, there is a "La Joya" in Mexico. La Jolla, CA is such a phony city--not only does it still count as part of San Diego city, but its name is also misspelled. A fact that has always bugged me. Ugh.

Anyway, I haven't been able to get back to sleep. Perhaps I should've spent the last 7 hours unpacking my suitcase. Or doing the laundry. Or ironing my work shirts. Or buying some groceries... It's effing 9:15am, I am exhausted and hungry and have nothing to eat in my whole apartment. >:[

2 comments:

adámas.boy said...

La Jolla is actually not misspelled. You pronounce double "ll" in spanish as a y sound. FYI.

useful.idiot. said...

But "jolla" is not an actual word in the Spanish language. It's an incorrect spelling of the word "joya," which means "jewel." It's like calling a reed a "ried." It bugs me!!!