A positive about my newfound "adult" life is that I can now spend somewhere between 8 to 10 hours a day listening to music. Oftentimes, or rather, most of this time (per day) is usually spent towards getting a "good listen" of maybe 6 to 8 minutes worth of music, set on constant Repeat. Yes, I know, I do get a little obsessive-compulsive during these lengthy listening sessions, but it's like my entire mind is consumed with thoughts (or non-thoughts) on whichever two tracks I'm listening to on that day and I can't help it. This is something I've done since... since I had my own personal music player (Walkman, 1997?); it's just something I wasn't able to do as often as I would've liked during my college years, due to the whole being-way-too-busy-with-life-to-stop-and-reflect-or-zone-out-for-a-quick-moment thing. Now that I no longer have to worry about schoolwork or exams, I can finally spend some quality time savoring every breath/beat/sound coming from those little white noise-canceling earbuds.
But yeah, I guess that is my explanation for the recent influx of music-only postings. It's not that I don't want to write anymore, it's just that, well, this music has been devouring much of my life, as of late. And... ta-dah! so it shall appear on this blog.
It's these sort of recent behavioural changes that make me feel like I will soon slip into total hermit-dom.

No comments:
Post a Comment