Thursday, June 10, 2010

I am cheering for the Celtics.

Confession:  I do NOT follow sports.  At all.

This may come as a surprise to a few of you, but most who know me will tell you that it is an obvious fact.  My roommate, for example, gawked at me the other day when I asked why people were going insane-obsessive about Lakers/ scores in their facebook statuses lately.  Apparently, the "finals" of basketball are happening right now.  It is like what the Super Bowl is to American football or what the World Series is to baseball.  The two teams playing in this "championship(?)" game are the Los Angeles Lakers and the Boston Celtics.

I am "cheering" for the Celtics.  Green beats the ugly combination that is Purple & Gold.

Sometimes, I may seemingly "cheer" for certain teams in the "big" championship-like games, but do not be fooled and think that I actually care or know anything about the teams.  I general, I just cheer for the team with the cooler colors/better uniforms/more attractive helmets (if applicable).  The sole exception to this rule are the Anaheim Angels; I cheer for them because I liked Angels in the Outfield.
Anyway, I have found that, in most cases, whichever team I choose based on the above criteria usually ends up being the winner.

2 comments:

KurtoWango said...

hahaha, nice. Before i get into sports, i'd always cheer on the Home team, b/c their jersey looks better than the Away team. lol

Matt said...

close game, your team almost won. blame it on them being the away team with worse colors!