Wednesday, August 25, 2010

asshole

Today, as I was waiting in a line of cars to pull into a shopping plaza parking lot, an old man was waiting to cross the sidewalk section going through the driveway. He looked as though he was either in his late 70s or 80s, was wearing a light blue fisherman's hat, and was hunched over a walker.  

Nobody stopped to let him cross the driveway.  (... I'm not sure why?)  Anyway, when it was my turn to turn into the driveway, I stopped to let him cross.

As the old man slowly made his way across the driveway (he was walking towards the direction of where my car was), he pointed down at the front of my car, while yelling something. He furrowed his brows with concern as he yelled; he had something important to tell me. Perhaps there was something wrong with my license plate?, I thought. Or, maybe, was there a loose tube coming out from under my car?  I rolled my window down, to get a better listen.  The old man was yelling: "YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE! YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE! YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE!..." 

It was then that I noticed the old guy hadn't been pointing at my car at all-- he had been shaking his middle finger at me!!! 

:( 

No comments: