Monday, August 15, 2011

Reading List, extended

I need to stop spending so much time reading articles on Wikipedia about books I want to add to my reading list and start working on getting more crossed off of this thing!!! It's gotten to the point where my book-buying habit has outpaced the amount of reading I've gotten done... :-/
  • After Many a Summer Dies a Swan- Aldous Huxley
  • Island - Aldous Huxley
  • American Ways: A Guide for Foreigners in the United States - Gary Althen
  • Of Human Bondage - Somerset Maugham
  • The Namesake - Jhumpa Lahiri
  • Catch-22 - Joseph Heller
  • Lord of the Flies - William Golding
  • Her-2: The Making of Herceptin, a Revolutionary Treatment for Breast Cancer - Robert Bazell
  • The Picture of Dorian Gray - Oliver Wilde
  • The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
  • Microserfs - Douglas Coupland (I will finish this book... someday. NEVAR.)
  • Canterbury Tales - Geoffrey Chaucer (all of them)
  • The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks - Rebecca Skloot
  • Ender's Game - Orson Scott Card
  • Stiff: The Curious Loves of Human Cadavers - Mary Roach
  • A Streetcar Named Desire - Tennessee Williams
  • The Magicians: A Novel - Lev Grossman
  • The Hunger Games/ Catching Fire/ Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
  • Darkly Dreaming Dexter - Jeff Lindsay 
Those last two list items came up out of  nowhere.  Wasn't really planning on reading them, but, alas, things happen.  The first season of the Dexter television series was loosely based around the ideas presented in the book, Darkly Dreaming Dexter.  The book ended up being poorly written and wasn't very interesting to read at all; on top of that, it lacked the humor I loved so much about the show.  (Haven't watched the show in a while, with the whole not having TV thing and all...) 

In other news, I've finally finished the TV series, Dollhouse. Am planning to re-watch the Firefly series, eventually. Dollhouse ain't got nothin' on Buffy.

No comments: