Saturday, June 6, 2009

Week 10, in a nutshell

I have failed in my resolution to keep track of all of the concerts & pieces I've seen in the past weeks. There have been too many! I have been averaging about three concerts per week, as of late.

Things I've done this week:
Tues:
-Made a couple of students come close to crying when I asked a question to the Student Panel during my Psych class. :-[
Wed:
-My psych class (Human Sexuality) went on a field trip to The Crypt, a toy/fetish/s&m shop in North Park
-Watched The Beat's (an a capella group at ucsd) last concert of the year
Thurs:
-Saw a former TA's piece get performed by the school's wind ensemble; it was a concerto for percussion and wind instruments.
-Went to "Prom-iscuos," a prom-like event the school tried to host for its graduating seniors. It was lame.
Fri:
-Went shoe shopping
-Watched a punk band comprised of high schoolers rock out at a nearby shopping plaza. One of the shop owners called the cops on the kids. I thought the kids were pretty good, and gave them a tip.
-Sat in on LJ Symphony dress rehearsal for a bit (they were rehearsing Mahler's second symphony)
-Hung out at the Pub with some friends & watch bands affiliated with UCSD's engineering school perform ("Jacobs' School of Rock!" hahaha)
Sat (today):
-Saw the LJ Symphony do their performance in its entirety. (It was a good performance, but I strongly preferred Thursday's instead, no contest. go figure.)

Next week is Finals Week. I was supposed to have gotten a lot of work done this weekend, but *other, more interesting* things kept coming up. :-/ Therefore, I. Am. Doomed. Egads.

No comments: