Wednesday, June 3, 2009

tornado weather / introduction

It was sunny and mild yesterday.

It was warm this morning.

I came to school wearing a tank top, capris, flip fops, and sunglasses. I'd left my sweatshirt at my apartment, seeing as to how it is June, and that I live in San Diego.

Guess what?
It just hailed a few minutes ago. The hail was pretty huge, each grain being about a centimeter in diameter. After the hail, there was a monstrous clap of thunder, and then the sun peeked through the clouds for a brief moment. It was so strange.

It is now pouring, and the temperature has dropped what feels like a good 15 degrees. I've taken refuge in the nearest computer lounge. It is frickin' cold, and my sandals are soggy and are staining the soles of my feet.

...But at least my eyes are protected!

--------------------
In other news, I've decided to start a public blog. I might elect to post things/thoughts I've written from earlier times onto here for public viewing... or maybe I won't. Haven't really decided yet.

The main reasons I've created this blog are:
1.) To prevent me from spamming everybody's facebook walls with my stupid posts, and
2.) To help keep me from going absolutely insane of boredom/loneliness over the summer/in the Fall. The majority of my good friends here in San Diego are graduating this week and will be moving away days after the ceremony; I, on the other hand, will be going to school here for an extra quarter (the Fall) to complete my degree + my music minor. Even though I feel that declaring the Music minor may have been one of the best decisions I've ever made, a part of me is sad because it also means I will have to spend my last quarter here at UCSD [almost completely] alone. I already miss everybody so much, and they are still here!--the next 6 months are going to be tough... :( *sigh*

No comments: