Tuesday, November 22, 2011

resolution

I've decided to start writing more in this blog again.

Because:

  1. My writing skills went downhill starting in my Senior year of college; I had to train myself how to write in "sciencey" form, meaning, for lab reports, academic papers, etc. and now have trouble writing in any other style. It kind of feels like I AM LOSING MY VOICE!
  2. I need to practice typing on a computer keyboard.  My typing skills have gone to shit because I rarely do any writing at work (entering numbers into excel sheets doesn't help one maintain typing coordination), and, as a result, my spelling is now horrendous.  I was never the best at spelling, but  lately, I've been misspelling pretty common words, although most of these misspellings can be attributed to the laziness of my fingers to extend far enough to hit the correct letters, and also because I've gotten used to having autocorrect on my phone and keep forgetting that most other things in life don't have autocorrection capabilities.
  3. I want to be able to recall the feelings/adventures/experiences/yada that I've had. So that it feels like my day to day life has more meaning, significance.  Otherwise, they just all sort of blur into nothing, and it's like I'm wasting my life.  Also, I've been taking less pictures than I used to, which doesn't help with the whole "remembering" thing.  I don't know why I haven't been taking photos of things as much anymore.  Maybe there hasn't been a whole lot to photograph, lately.  The other day,  one of my roommates and I were reminiscing about how awesome Halloweekend was this year, but, however, neither of us could recall what either of us did that weekend, except that we dressed up like members of Kiss and split ways (I went to a party, she went bar hopping).  But that was only on one night, and Halloweekend was three nights.  :-/
  4. I need to de-stress.  I think my blood pressure must be through the roof lately (I usually have lower-than-average BP), because every once in a while, I can feel the arteries in my arms throb to the point where my arm muscles become sore, and in a pulsing manner.  It's weird.  And kind of scary.  I've been trying to eat healthier to reduce physical causes of high blood pressure, but need to de-stress in an attempt to lower any emotional/hormonal causes. Which reminds me: I need to check when my annual checkup is, and probably ask my physician to check my cholesterol? eh.
And now, it's time for a bunch of random thoughts that I feel like writing about in little blurbs and are pretty unrelated to each other:

Last weekend, one of my friends threw a "French"-themed party at her house, complete with various French wines, cheese & cracker platters, and a chocolate fountain.  YES, a chocolate fountain!!!!!!!! Somebody brought homemade cream puffs, and we filled them with fresh berries and ran them under the fountain.

I need to sleep soon.  It's not even 11:30 yet.  But work has forced me to adapt to having a somewhat "regular" waking/sleeping schedule, although even after have been on this schedule for over a year now, my body still rebels quite often, and doesn't allow me to fall asleep when I should be sleeping.  This results in me staying up until I pass out around 4am, then having to wake up two hours later at 6, in order to get ready for work, which starts at 7.  I'll go through these days feeling completely exhausted, but by the time evening rolls around, I'm wide awake, and the masochistic cycle repeats itself countless days in a row.

Thanksgiving is this week.  I'm flying to South Carolina on Thursday morning!  My first Thanksgiving out of state!!!  I am so excited to see Scott!!! And I am so excited to actually be cooking a full-on Thanksgiving feast for the first time ever!!! (Usually, I don't really do much of the cooking... I just contribute a side dish or something, so we'll have to see how this turns out!)

I'm starting to get back into baking again.  I went through a period of like a few months at the end of last year where I was really into baking, and then right after Christmas, suddenly stop feeling the need to make anything.  However, something has sparked a renewed interest in baking things.  Perhaps this inspiration came in the form of christmas music; maybe christmas songs make me feel like making warm goodies for the people around me.  This could explain why I always turn my ipod to Christmas music while I bake. Or maybe my mind is coping with the fact that I've been trying to eat healthy and is therefore trying to tempt me into giving in to my old eating habits, while fattening up the people around me to make me feel less unhealthy.  If this proposition is the truth, then that's pretty awful.  I've only been on this healthy food kick for a week and a half now.  My body and brain should not be subconsciously undermining my goal-achieving centers so critically, and at such an early stage in the "healthy changes in my life" kick.  I really need to make some life changes, as far as eating habits and my health are concerned. :-/  Hmm.... healthy eating and exercise might actually help with the insomnia, too.......

I think it's awkward how coworkers become incredibly curious about your love life when they find out you're in a long-distance relationship; they keep trying to ask specific questions about your sleeping arrangements, etc., which I just find a little strange and makes me wonder why they think it's okay to ask coworkers about the state of their sex life, but only if they're talking to someone who is in a long-distance relationship. (They don't probe our other coworkers about these things, since their romantic relationships seemingly all exist within the same city.  Oh wait, they probe one other guy because his girlfriend lives in the Bay Area.)  I don't think it's appropriate for coworkers to talk or ask about such things, especially if you aren't really close to them at all.  Especially during lunch in the lunchroom.

I'm already a socially awkward person and these sort of situations just make me feel even more uncomfortable around people.

Okay, time for bed!

No comments: