Anyway, Moving. After having lived in a beautiful unit for the past 4 years (and paying no rent, at that!), I have decided to move out of my place, in which I have to share a room with another person, and into a house with some friends/soon-to-be-friends.
Major reasons for this move:
- I've grown tired of sharing a room (and bathroom) with someone. I'm no longer a student, yet it feels like I am still living in the dorms, at times. I want to only have to clean up after myself, I want to be able to sleep whenever I feel like it, and I want to not have to worry about waking somebody else up in the mornings when I need to get up/get ready/leave for work. And vice versa for the stuff I just listed, except for the last item, instead of "work," it would be I don't want to be kept awake by somebody staying up late to study (and wouldn't want to prevent them from being able to study late).
- My parents currently own the place I'm living in, and it would be easier for them to rent out the entire unit as a whole if I wasn't taking up a spot.
- My parents currently own the place, and a lot of the drama/tension/arguments/stress that exists between us will be alleviated if I move out. This will help them better see me as being more independent, and will help get them to see me as an adult.
- I'd like to get a bigger bed. This twin mattress is getting to feel pretty cramped, and I am tired of waking up with my legs/arms in pain from having lost circulation which contort while I sleep to fit the confines of my current bed.
- I now have my own money that I can spend on rent. Like a REAL grown-up!
- Even though this place is lovely and is ideally-placed in San Diego, it would be better fit for undergraduate students, since it is furnished to have a dormitory-style living arrangement (2 loft twin beds in each bedroom).
- Since it would most likely be filled with undergraduate students next year, I want to move out now to avoid being stuck living with a bunch of 18-19 year-olds. Not that there is anything wrong with living with students. But the student lifestyle is different from work lifestyle, and it would be nice to live with other people who are in a similar stage of life as I am in. I also don't want to feel like i need to babysit the other tenants of wherever I live.
- The guy living in the unit below mine is crazy AS FUCK, and it's gotten to the point where I fear for my safety.
So, come February, I will be moving into a house with some people I know. It will be farther from campus, but since I'm no longer going to school, there really is no point for me to have to live to close to it anymore.
I AM SO EXCITED TO HAVE MY OWN ROOM AND ALSO MY OWN BATHROOM!!!!
But since I have no furniture as of right now, I need to get some before I can truly move into the new place. I've been searching through Craigslist and the IKEA website for some bedroom furnishings.
Here are some things I thought looked neat (not together, but in general):
retro rocking chair ($70)
retro/mid-century dresser ($350)
IKEA bed frame ($90)
Bookshelf ($25)
Pair of night stands ($95)
Apparently, IKEA has Full-sized comforters on sale for $10, $20, and $30! The prices go higher than that, but I don't think I'll need to get anything too fancy or thick because I live in San Diego, and it's pretty damn temperate in these areas.




No comments:
Post a Comment